There's a new go-to snack in the freezer
My guess is it will granted a permanent spot .. in many flavor combinations
To know me is to know of my great love of ice cream
So with treat week upon us I thought .. it's a perfect reason to give a couple of recipes a try. I'd bookmarked a number with frozen yogurt that require the ice cream maker .. but this one was so different that I had to at least make an attempt.
Throw ingredients together .. shake for 5 minutes .. and you have something resembling ice cream?
I blended everything .. put it in the bag .. salt & ice in another around it ..
And started to shake .. and shake .. and shake some more
Really? 5 minutes .. at a vigorous pace?
Where's that cute boy when you need him? A random teenager anywhere close by?
The kitties came to see what was up .. My hands were getting cold .. But I could feel it starting to firm up
When it took it out .. Perfect! It really was .. I stood back a bit in shock.
A few smoked almonds topped it off
That's pretty much all she wrote for that afternoon snack .. fantastic!
All sorts of flavor combinations come to mind .. many with fruit .. if you make some .. please .. let me know what's good.
ps: For other ideas on making ice cream without an ice cream maker .. the kitchen has a great article .. here
~ Adapted from zainsaraswatijamal.com
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¼ cup Fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp Crunchy Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Salt
- 2 cups Ice
- 1 Large and 1 Small ZipLock bag
- Blend everything but the salt & ice together in food processor
- Add the blended ingredients to small ziplock bag and seal tightly.
- Fill large ziplock bag half way with ice and salt.
- Place the small bag into the large one, seal and shake vigorously for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture becomes creamy, remove topped with crushed almonds.
% Protein: 43
% Carbs: 27
% Fat: 19
*Other topping ideas .. unsweetened chocolate chips, fresh or dried fruit, sugar-free jams.