There’s a new go-to snack in the freezer
(This post may contain affiliate links)
My guess is it will granted a permanent spot, in many flavor combinations.
To know me is to know of my great love of ice cream. So with treat week upon us I thought, it’s a perfect reason to give a couple of recipes a try. I’d bookmarked a number with frozen yogurt requiring an ice cream maker, but this one was so different that I wanted to make an attempt
Throw ingredients together, shake for five minutes, and you have something resembling ice cream?
I blended everything. Put it in the bag, with the salt and ice in another around it. And started to shake, and shake, and shake some more
Really? Five minutes at a vigorous pace? Where’s that cute boy when you need him? Is a random teenager anywhere close by?
The kitties came to see what was up. My hands were getting cold, but I could feel it starting to firm up
When it took it out .. Perfect! It really was. I stood back a bit in shock.
A few smoked almonds topped it off
That’s pretty much all she wrote for that afternoon snack .. fantastic!
All sorts of flavor combinations come to mind, many with fruit. If you make some, please let me know what’s good.
ps: For other ideas on making ice cream without an ice cream maker, The Kitchen has a great article
~ Adapted from zainsaraswatijamal.com
Vanilla Almond Ice Cream
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup salt
- 1 large and 1 small Ziplock bag
- Blend everything but the salt and ice in a food processor (or blender)
- Add the blended ingredients to small Ziplock bag and seal tightly.
- Fill a large Ziplock bag halfway with ice and salt.
- Place the small bag into the large one, seal and shake vigorously for 5 minutes.
- When the mixture becomes creamy, remove topped with crushed almonds.