I hope this Father's Day brings you lots of
sunshine .. good shade .. and a tall glass filled with something cold and fizzy
Thought it might be fun to share few links from around the web
I've been enjoying this series of podcasts from Liveto110.com .. Wendy Meyers interviews experts in the health & wellness community about a wide range of topics
Ina Garten on how to run a business and do what you love
Having one of those days? How to break out of a bad mood
20 entertaining mistakes and how to fix them
In defense of pursuing The Small, Happy, Life
An illustration of love .. What does your love look like?
President Obama's eulogy for Beau Biden is beautiful
From Bon Appetit .. What food podcasts are they loving?
If you're a blood donor in Sweden .. you can get a text when your blood saves someone's life
View from the top of 21 landmarks from around the world
The best way to keep flowers fresh
Interesting read from the New York Times .. The Secret History of Seal Team 6
A cookbook I've been loving lately .. Superfood Smoothies .. and this recipe.. with sweet strawberries and basil has been one of my new favorites. Basil a lightly floral accent to the strawberries .. but there's more to the story ..
A combination I'd never thought of in quite this way. Since strawberries and tomatoes share many of the same flavor notes .. incorporating them .. along with basil .. is really a seamless (and delicious!) addition
~ Adapted slightly from Health.com
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1?2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1?4 cup dried goji berries
- 2 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp mashed avocado
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp (packed) minced fresh basil
- 1 cup of coconut water
- sweetener, to taste
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Taste, and sweeten if desired.
- Superfood boost:
- 1 tsp Maqui Powder (learn more about maqui berry .. here)
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Taste, and sweeten if desired.
% Protein: 19
% Carbs: 77
% Fat: 8