There are some invitations in life
you instinctively know ..
you need to accept
The celebration of a friend who .. one year ago .. walked through the door at Goals in Motion .. and began her journey toward health. I know it's terribly cliche .. but what a difference a year can make
Of course .. there are the numbers .. 40 pounds down and so many inches lost. Not to mention a number of trips to the mall for new jeans .. over the course of these past months.
But you wanna know the best part? What changed on the inside ..
She's happy .. she's healthy .. she smiles big & means it. She's out in the world living life with everything she has .. her incredible wit & humor radiate from every ounce of her being. It's nothing short of infectious
So as we sipped blue drinks .. ate salads .. and listened to wonderful music that night .. I couldn't help but smile. A vivid reminder to count my blessings .. for incredible women I get to call friends .. and having the privilege to be a (small) part of an organization that changes lives.
I take my hat off to her in every way .. and share a post she wrote with a link .. please take a minute to read .. I promise you'll be glad you did
Dear New Girl at the Gym .. here
‘One year from now you'll have wished you started today'
One year ago my dear friend Tammy drug me to the end of my comfort zone and Kim pushed me off the edge. Today I couldn't be more grateful for those two and all of my awesome coaches, my crazy fun hard working 5:45ers and even those perky 6 AMers. You guys are the best. You make it impossible not to make changes .. all the girl had to do was show up and try. It makes me excited to see new faces come in the door .. because I know all they have to do is want it and you will push them to their ‘new happy place' too
Way to go .. my friend .. way to go!!
My favorite salad at the end of a busy week ..
During weeks like this .. I've learned to stock the fridge with foods that can be assembled in short order. Sandwiches & wrap ingredients .. healthy snacks .. cut fruit & veggies .. and a salad like this one that will hold up well for a few days.
It's crunchy .. filling .. and simple .. with freshly sprouted mung beans .. and pantry ingredients. On it's own it's nearly a perfectly balanced meal. If sprouts aren't for you .. swap cooked mung beans .. or any lentil that will hold their shape well when cooked.
~ Adapted from 101cookbooks .. here
Sprouted Mung Bean Salad
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 handful arugula chopped fine
- 1 small bunch chives minced
- 8 oz mung bean sprouts ~ 2 cups .. or the equivalent amount of cooked mung beans
- a big handful of toasted sliced almonds
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- extra virgin olive oil ** use the good stuff here
- chive flowers ** optional
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, salt, arugula, and chives
- In a larger bowl toss the mung beans and almonds with a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Add the avocado, and gently toss once or twice more.
- Serve the mung beans next to the yogurt mixture and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. If you had a few chive flowers in your bunch, sprinkle them across the top.