Because what goes better with Hot and Spicy Beans than brisket?
A fantastic combo ..
Thanks, Dave, we love all of your tasty creations!
ps: This brisket recipe would also lend itself to providing a great protein source to have in your freezer. For the times when you need something quick and at the ready.
**Note from Dave: There are lots of recipes for brisket available on the net. I based mine on one from the About.com guide to Barbeques and Grilling, Derrick Riches. This one is easy to make, especially if you enjoy using the slow cooker on busy days.
Slow Cooker Brisket
- 2 lbs beef brisket
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Combine all ingredients, coating the brisket well.
- Marinate overnight.
- Place brisket and marinade in a crock-pot on low for 9 to 10 hours.
- Slice into thin strips, across the grain.
- Serve with the liquid from the slow cooker or the barbecue sauce of your choice.