What are you up to this weekend?
(This post may contain affiliate links)
It has been a heck of a week .. so we'll be eating egg sandwiches .. sipping hot chocolate .. and taking some time for ourselves. We're also looking forward to ..
Homework from puppy school: “Sitting Politely For Petting” and “Accepting a Friendly Stranger” We've solicited help from all of the neighbors .. who will just happen to be outside as we walk by. It takes a village .. does it not?
After stepping up my exercise game for the Live Healthy Iowa 10 Week Challenge .. I'm feeling it(!) Oh my. So this overachiever will be taking herself to hot yoga and getting a massage #lessonslearned #paceyourself
Whatever you're up to .. I hope you have a good one(!)
For the weekend .. a few fun links from around the web
Ten letters a day made it to President Obama’s desk .. and represented the fabric of America. “No filter. The handwriting, the ink, the choice of letterhead — every letter was a real object from a real person, and now you were holding it, and so now you were responsible for it.” To Obama With Love, and Hate, and Desperation [via the New York Times]
Move over mushrooms and truffles .. people are now foraging for seaweed on the beach [via NPR]
One of the most motivating stories I've ever followed. Almost two years ago, Daniel Finney, metro columnist for the Des Moines Register made a big decision — to try to lose 300 pounds [via Making Weight and The Des Moines Register]
Helpful and Necessary: A Positive Attitude: The World's Most Underrated Secret to Success [via Marie Forleo]
Latest podcast addiction
Read and re-read this week: “One Man’s Quest to Change the Way We Die” One of the most inspiring stories I've read in a very long time [via The New York Times]
Every food trend of 2017 all in one place (I'm especially excited about #9 and #15) [via Eater]
In a cave about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh .. The Office of Personnel Management keeps federal employee's personnel records in 28,000 file cabinets .. inside the caverns of an abandoned limestone mine. You'll never believe this real-life tale of the federal government's giant paperwork cave [via The Washington Post]
Fighting off the winter blahs with a big stick? Me too! I think a Happiness Jar would be just the thing [via Instagram – @elizabeth_gilbert_writer]
For the weekend .. this fun and easy pizza. One that combines two favorite foods: pizza and cheeseburgers. Ground beef .. dill pickles .. onions .. along with a special sauce give it tons of flavor.
~ Adapted from Taste of Home Sept | Oct 2016
- 1 12" pizza crust (your favorite - pre-baked)
- ¾ lb ground beef
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 1 - 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup mayo
- 2-3 Tbsp dill pickle juice
- Pre-heat oven to 425 deg F
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and crumble the ground beef until it's no longer pink (~3-4 minutes) and drain
- While the meat is browning, place the pre-baked crust onto an ungraded baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Combine the ketchup and mustard to form a sauce
- Read the sauce over the crust
- Next sprinkle the ground beef onto the pizza
- Bake five minutes
- Sprinkle the pizza with cheese and bake again until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is lightly browned (~5-10 minutes)
- While the pizza is baking, which the mayo, along with enough pickle juice to reach your desired consistency
- Top with lettuce, pickle, and drizzles of the mayo/pickle sauce