Just in time for Halloween
Dave's sinister guacamole ..
Incredible dips can always be found on the appetizer table at our swaps .. but this guacamole .. is my favorite to date
The one everyone kept coming back to
“Just one more dip .. then I'm done”
“OK .. now .. that's REALLY my last bit”
“Step away from the guacamole”
True to his cooking style ..
A dish that is simple, clean, & healthy .. with very few ingredients .. all full of flavor in their own right .. added in perfect ratios for taste.
Since such a large part is it's eerie appeal .. a smooth avocado base was required .. it was then studded with striking, tasty bits of beans, onions and peppers.
He went easy on the peppers .. knowing it can always be upped .. recommending something such as Morita chipotle powder .. known for its smoky heat.
Thanks Dave .. as always .. we love you extra for showing us that simple .. clean eating .. doesn't have to be complicated
(AND can be ghoulishly good all at the same time)
~ Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 1 can (15½ ounces) black beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of green onions, ends trimmed, then finely cut into whitish-green disks
- 2 finely diced peppers (Go for a blend of color and heat that works for you; Dave used a mild banana pepper and an Anaheim pepper for yellow and bright green highlights, without too much heat this time.)
- Blue corn tortilla chips, for serving
- Mash avocados.
- Blend in salt, garlic, and lime juice.
- Blend in beans, onions and peppers.
- Serve with chips.
% Protein: 7.2
% Carbs: 21.2
% Fat: 71