I can’t think of a better way to kick off grilling season
(This post may contain affiliate links)
Ground lamb, grilled alongside colorful veggies.
All destined to be wrapped in a warm piece of naan
A bit of labna and sumac provided the extra touch of flavor that took them to the next level ..
This Memorial Day weekend, scoot the burgers and hot dogs over just a bit. Make a spot on the grill
As with any original recipe from my husband, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
ps: If you’re wondering, what the heck are these mystery spices anyway? And labna? Never heard of it?
Yep, I was floating in the same boat until a few months ago, introduced via a recipe typical of Israel which used a number of these middle-eastern flavors. I’ve since learned to love my favorite ethnic grocery store.
A few links
Sumac: A good article from thekitchen.com
Zaatar: From thespicehouse.com
Grilled Lamb and Veggies on Naan
- 1 lb ground lamb
- ½ onion, diced fine
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thick slices
- mushrooms, stemmed
- In a food processor, combine the onion, ground lamb, and a strong pinch of zaatar. Pulse until smooth
- Form into your favorite size meatball (Make sure it's big enough to hold up well on your skewer)
- Prepare your skewers by alternating between meatballs, peppers, and mushroom caps.
- Spray with a bit of olive oil
- Grill until cooked and add to your warmed naan that's been spread with labna and sumac sprinkles