“Will you stop & check on our house while we're away?
Oh .. and please .. pick whatever's ready in the garden “
While my parents worked & played in fun far away places .. I picked all sorts of things .. and had a great time experimenting with the freshest of ingredients
As I washed strawberries at the sink .. I couldn't help but remember the recipe with the crepes, filling, fruit .. Where was that again? Oh yes ..
Crepes entered my world at our swap in March when we got to meet Kate. She set out her samples .. some with a savory meat filling .. others with fruit .. hooked at first bite.
Since then .. wherever we go .. if they're on the menu .. The Chef's only question is .. Which kind are you going to have?
This crepe making business .. I've decided .. is an art. It takes a very non-sticky pan .. a good flipping process .. which I haven't perfected
The turnovers initially begged breakfast to me .. until one afternoon around snack time I made them in a blueberry fashion.
Cottage cheese filled them the first go around .. ricotta the second. Instead of Stevia .. the honey was upped just a bit. A few whole eggs thrown in.
All in all .. a great snack .. breakfast .. or summer dessert for picnics at the park with your Sweetie
~ Adapted from zainsaraswatijamal.com
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 Whole Eggs
- ¼ Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup fruit of your choice, sliced
- ⅝ cup Low-Fat Ricotta Cheese OR Cottage Cheese
- 11/2 Tbsp Non-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Jam (** I've matched my jam flavor to my fruit choice)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- ¼ Tsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil OR Cooking Spray
- Blend eggs, egg whites, protein powder, baking powder and 1 tsp honey in your food processor or blender until smooth and frothy
- Heat skillet and melt coconut oil or grease with cooking spray
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet and heat on medium heat until bubbles begin to form
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix ricotta, cream cheese, fruit jam and the rest of the honey until well combined and tuck it away in the freezer
- Flip the crepe and cook until golden on both sides
- Remove the crepe from pan and spread cooled ricotta mixture evenly over the surface
- Fold into quarters and top with fresh strawberries and any additional toppings
% Protein: 31
% Carbs: 46
% Fat: 20