“A friend is one who knows you .. and loves you just the same” ~ Elbert Hubbard
(This post may contain affiliate links)
It's been 100 years .. since Woodrow Wilson signed the proclamation creating Mother's Day on the 2nd Sunday of May. Today .. it's an honor to celebrate mine
To one of two people .. who have known me at my highest highs .. at the deepest lows .. and still love me anyway. There is no one with a spirit as genuinely good .. genuinely beautiful .. and genuinely kind as hers
Thank-you for all you've been to me .. but most of all .. thank-you for being my friend
Happy Mother's Day .. you're such a good one I love you more than you know
This evening .. as we enjoyed her company .. over a good game of Scrabble & a glass of wine .. pink frozen cheesecake will be close at hand.
With a raw crust .. a filling of mascarpone cheese & greek yogurt .. along with lots and lots of berries. It's not only beautiful to look at .. but healthy and light .. for a dessert. There is no added sugar .. dates sweeten the crust .. honey in the filling.
Any fruit combination would be wonderful .. the entire dessert can be easily be whipped up in the food processor & put away to freeze.
I know I say it often .. but this one .. this one you need to make. You really do.
I wish for all the Moms out there .. the happiest of Mother's Days .. thank-you for who you are & all that you do
~ Adapted from Green Kitchen Stories
- 2¼ cups almonds, unsalted
- 14 large dates (fresh), pitted
- 2½ tbsp coconut oil
- a pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- ½ cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries
- 1 medium banana, ripe
- 1½ Tbsp lemon juice (** or juice from ½ of a lemon)
- ½ cup honey (** or brown rice syrup)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup greek yogurt (** or cottage cheese)
- 1 cup fresh fruit
- a couple of edible flowers (* optional)
- Grind the almonds in a food processor for about a minute (or until they are finely chopped)
- Add the dates, coconut oil and salt to the processor and blend until it all comes together.
- Flatten the almond mixture on the bottom of an 8-inch non-stick spring form pan
- Store in the fridge while the filling is being prepared.
- In a blender (or food processor), add the berries, banana, lemon juice and honey.
- Stir together mascarpone, greek yogurt, and the blended berries in a large bowl.
- Pour it on top of the crust in the spring pan and put the pan in the freezer for 1-2 hours (you'll want to let it soften a bit before serving)
- Top the cake with fresh fruit and a couple of flowers (optional)
- Serve immediately
% Protein: 15
% Carbs: 20
% Fat: 60