It's been upwards of 100 degrees
In Iowa all week
Not a complaint really .. I just keep reminding myself ..
September is this weekend .. already .. college football starts .. in a few months when I'm re-finding my winter coat I'll reminisce about the last throes of summertime
So while the heat is still upon us .. frozen treats remain high on my “To Cook” list ..
I've wanted to try a chocolate spin on frozen yogurt .. and this one sure didn't disappoint.
It's higher in protein .. greek yogurt for creaminess .. sugar-free chocolate chips & unsweetened cocoa powder can be your friend
Frozen yogurt fix without all the guilt .. check
ps .. for ideas on making ice cream without an ice cream maker .. the kitchen has a great article .. here
~ Adapted from zainsaraswatijamal.com
Chocolate Chip Mint Frozen Yogurt
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt ** I always use Fage 2% .. I'll take the calorie hit for a little extra fat & the creaminess it brings
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp mint flavoring
- 1 cup almond Milk ** the original calls for chocolate almond milk .. I bet it would be extra good here
- Blend all ingredients together in blender or food processor
- Choose your favorite method for making ice cream or frozen yogurt .. (see notes above)
- Serve immediately .. (with a few chocolate chips sprinkled over the top .. if you're feeing a bit naughty)