“Let's meet for breakfast ..
Sitting across the table from such a great friend .. we examined the menu
“Oatmeal would really hit the spot .. but I can have it any old time”
“Did you see the breakfast quesadillas? Bet they're good .. caramelized onions .. roasted veggies .. melty cheese”
“Hummm … “
Standing in front of the fridge this morning ..
A buffet of left-overs .. remnants from a week of wonderful meals ..
I couldn't resist a knock-off
A few scrambled eggs .. drip beef from the freezer ..
Veggies .. a gift from a neighbor this week .. oven roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper .. we'd been eating them in wraps for lunch
Laughing cow cheese .. perfectly melted on top
Tucked between 2 whole wheat tortillas .. a short time in the oven to melt the cheese & meld the flavors
Within 20 minutes .. breakfast .. was served
Quick .. easy .. and a great way to give new life to left-overs
~ Inspired by the Breakfast Quesadillas at The Cafe .. (and such a wonderful friend)
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites scrambled
- 1/4 c drip beef
- 1/2 - 1 c roasted veggies colorful peppers, butternut squash, parsnip
- 2 wedges laughing cow cheese
- 2 Tbsp caramelized onions
- Combine all of the ingredients between the 2 tortillas
- Bake at 350 for 10 min .. or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas a browned