“I don't believe in twisting yourself into knots of excuses and explanations over the food you make” ~ Julia Child
(This post may contain affiliate links)
A recipe .. then
It's an easy one .. and a nutritious one .. and requires five minutes and a blender. No knots. No excuses. No explanations.
It's also simple .. sexy .. and clever.
Berries and chocolate are like Fred and Ginger .. quite a beloved pair. Protein powder .. hemp seeds .. and greens to make this smoothie especially nutrient dense. The combination of banana and nut milk make it oh-so-creamy.
I like to dress it up a bit when I make it at home .. with maybe a few berries or a pinch of bee pollen sprinkled on top.
Know it's just as tasty .. and you're just as sexy .. whether you happen to drink it from your husband's coffee mug .. your toddler's sippy cup .. or in your water bottle on your way to the office
Wishing for you the happiest of Wednesdays
- 1½ cups almond milk (** or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen (** or mixed berries)
- ¼ cup Beauti-fuel protein powder (** or protein powder of your choice .. vanilla or unflavored would be good)
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 cup kale, leaves only, tightly packed (** or spinach)
- Wash and prep all ingredients. Blend and serve!
% Protein: 20
% Carbs: 48
% Fat: 13