I've fallen for the wrap ..
First came the Black Bean & Veggie Burritos .. which were not only great .. but helped get me during finals week when I needed healthy grab & go lunches.
Then .. The Chef made Tuna Avocado Wraps for our swap in May .. which proved eating well on the doesn't have to be expensive or take a lot of time. He made .. around 10 in no more than an hour one evening .. start to finish .. one hour.
Inspired .. I went forth ..
My goal was something with meat and veggies .. lots of flavor .. ingredients that weren't exotic & would be able to spend time in the freezer .. all without a lot of trips to the grocery or hassles in the kitchen.
The recipe lends itself beautifully to whatever vegetables you love to roast. The chicken can be made separately .. using some for wraps & tucking the rest away in the freezer for the times when you need to pull out a protein source to add to your meal.
~ Adapted from nutritionistinthekitchen.com
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh basil salt and pepper
- Whole grain tortilla wraps
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all the vegetables on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- In a bowl, toss the chicken breast with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, and the basil.
- Place the chicken on the same or a separate baking sheet.(**I roasted the chicken & veggies on the same baking sheet with success)
- Place everything in the oven and roast for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly
- Once cooled, slice the chicken and assemble wraps with roasted vegetables!